FLAT ROCK BAPTIST CHURCH
Of oldest Baptist churches in Western North Carolina. It constituted as Petty’s Meeting House on June 10, 1783. The name was changed to Flat Rock Baptist Church in 1802. Under though leadership of William Petty, their first pastor. Flat Rock helped establish many other Baptist churches and became know as “Mother of Many”.
This church was instrumental in organization of Yadkin Baptist Association on October 13, 1786. It is only church of 14 charter members at still active in Association. Native and African American members for church community are many buried in cemetery.